608 Technician Certification
Search for People Certified by Katin Engineering Consulting
KATIN ENGINEERING CONSULTING
is authorized by EPA to train
and certify freon technicians. Training is practical with direct
application to refrigeration plants. All technicians that have taken
our training passed the EPA test on core knowledge and 90% passed with
high enough scores to be certified. Attendees are tested in Core (or
basic) knowledge and in addition, can elect to be tested in Type 1 Small
Appliances, Type 2 High Pressure, and/or Type 3 Low Pressure.
- Recently inspected and provided troubleshooting for over 240 air
conditioning and refrigeration units at Target stores in Northern
- Provided training and certification to Brooks Automation, a cryogenic equipment and supplies manufacturing plant.
- Provided training and certification to Western Cooling
Efficiency Center at UC Davis, to allow them to be in compliance with U.
S. EPA regulations when their staff conducts research to stimulate the
development of cooling technologies that can reduce energy demand, and
water consumption in buildings.
- Provided training and certification to the Veterans
Administration (VA) facility at Poplar Bluff, to allow them to be in
compliance with U. S. EPA regulations when their staff conducts
operation and maintenance of HVAC and refrigeration systems onsite.
- Provided Knorr Brake Corporation the HVAC training they
required to expand their capabilities and overhauling train air
conditioning systems. Since EPA requires personnel who operate and
maintain equipment containing freon to be trained and certified, we
provided such clear training that after which, 100% of their technicians
tested became EPA certified to handle freon.
- Trained technicians at landfills to properly remove freon from appliances.
- Trained technicians at the Presidio of Monterey to properly remove freon from appliances.
- Trained 45 Dow Chemical operators in the operation of
refrigeration systems at Pittsburg, California, including: R-22 system
at three different plants and the R-134A system at a fourth plant.
- Developed and delivered training for a crew of 36 in proper
operation and maintenance of absorptive refrigeration plant to liquefy
agricultural grade ammonia in the ammonia plant at Monsanto Chemical.
- Trained 50 technicians in the proper operation and maintenance
of R-11, R-12, and R-113 freon compressive refrigeration plants used to
maintain air conditioning, refrigerators, and freezer onboard nuclear
Overview of Material on Refrigeration Training
- Fundamentals of Refrigeration
- Review of Thermodynamics
- Refrigeration Cycle
- Refrigeration Equipment
- Energy Diagrams
- Refrigeration cycle example
- Class Problem on refrigeration
- Secondary Cooling Loops
- Refrigerant System Controls
- Hot Gas Bypass
- Oil and a Refrigeration Cycle
- Troubleshooting refrigeration systems
- Operator Indicators and Checks